Updated: Apr 3
Chakras are our energetic centres in the body. We can tune into seven major chakras to give us signal about how we are functioning energetically, physically, emotionally and spiritually.
From Sanskrit, Chakra means 'wheel', and these wheels need to be open in order to allow energy to flow through them for us to function optimally.
Body, mind and spirit are connected in each one of these chakras on the physical, mental and spiritual planes.
Imbalance of each chakra can manifest in the physical and astral bodies.
1. An out of balance first chakra could manifest in a persons body in lower back and leg pain, and in emotional imbalances like anxiety or eating disorders.
2. The second chakra is the center of emotional expression and creativity. It is considered to be the centre of our sexual energy. This is wheel of creation. Creation is not about reproduction, but rather anything a human can create, for: art, ideas, living, building or any type of creative manifestation. If person feel unable to innovate and create, then the second chakra may be out of balance.
3.Third chakra is the place of power. This chakra is located in the solar plexus are between the navel and breastbone, and is connected to the element of fire.
When we have balanced solar-plexus chakra we feel in touch with our sense of purpose, motivation and self-confidence. In the physical, body, it is connected to metabolism and digestion. If third chakra becomes out of balance, it could manifest in a low sense of self-esteem, difficulty making decisions or staying motivated, or problems with digestion.
4. Fourth chakra is located in our heart center and is said to be bridge between the lower physical chakras and the higher spiritual chakras.
When this chakra is open, we experience love, the ability to forgive and acceptance.
If the chakra is closed or out of balance, person may experience anger, fear, hatred, grief, jealousy or emotional numbness.
5. Fifth chakra moves us into the spiritual plane, This chakra is connected to the throat. thyroid, jaw, neck, mouth and tongue.
Open throat chakra allows us to express ourselves, speak our truth freely, as well as listen openly to others and the messages coming from the universe.
If this chakra is not in balance, it could manifest in not speaking up ourselves when our boundaries are not respected and could shift to the physical plane by developing something like laryngitis or losing the voice.
6. This sixth chakra is said to be the seat of our third eye. This where we cultivate our intuition and clairvoyance, allows us to visualize and intuit beyond the physical plane.
When sixth chakra is out of balance, it may be because person ignoring our sixth sense of intuition. This could manifest in feeling o fogginess, as you are lacking your intuitive sense.
7. Seventh chakra is located on the crown of the head, and is the place of our divine connection. We are connected to every living being, and we are a piece of a greater all- encompassing whole.
When seventh chakra is open and in balance we can experience ourselves as the pure consciousness that we are. if chakra is out of balance, person will likely experience a lack of awareness of our spiritual essence and divinity.
Our chakras are systems of energy that can be tuned into and focused on through healing on the emotional, mental, physical and spiritual levels.